Tigh na Ghra; Your Cliffs of Moher
Guests come from around the world to the Cliffs of Moher in County Clare, Ireland, to celebrate an important milestone in their lives to the backdrop of a spectacular setting.
However, something that cannot be planned for on the day is the weather on the West Coast of Ireland, even in the summer.
So we built Tigh na Ghra (Gaelic for “House of Love”), a beautifully converted traditional Irish barn to serve as an intimate wedding or ceremonial venue situated on the Cliffs of Moher, offering spectacular panoramic views over the Atlantic Ocean, the Aran Islands, Galway Bay, The Burren National Park and Connemara.
At Tigh na Ghra you can host your ceremony to the backdrop of the Atlantic Ocean and celebrate with a toast in a warm, sheltered, purpose-built venue that provides you with a perfect location whatever the weather.
It has been designed to meet all the needs of your special event and to create memorable moments.
Tigh na Ghra has been restored from a traditional Irish lean-to stone barn on the eight acre ocean front cottage site that belonged to the renowned traditional Irish musican, Micho Russell. He was famous for his part in the revival of traditional Irish music and is one of the reasons for Doolin village’s world-wide fame.
The design of Tigh na Ghra offers you all the charm of holding your special ceremony “on the Cliffs of Moher” but with all the modern comforts and, most importantly, shelter from unpredictable weather on the Atlantic coast. The large sliding glass floor-to-ceiling doors allow you to enjoy all the weather options; open in good weather or closed in the bad weather, but always with a spectacular ocean view. Outside the glass doors is a patio area with a large teak root-wood love seat and a table and chairs for ceremonial events. It offers a magical romantic Celtic ambiance in a truly unique setting.
Some of the events hosted at Tigh na Ghra include:
- Weddings and vow renewals
- Engagement ceremonies
- Naming ceremonies
- Memorial services
What does Tigh na Ghra offer you?
- An Indoor-Outdoor Venue A fabulously restored traditional Irish lean-to stone barn with sliding glass doors stepping out onto a patio area with unrivalled views over the Atlantic, the Aran islands, Galway Bay and The Burren National Park and Connemara. As Tigh na Ghra is heated, it allows your guests to enjoy the day in comfort, whatever the weather.
- Ceremonial Seating Tigh na Ghra can accommodate parties of up to 12 guests. There is a Celebrant’s Table and a pair of Ceremonial Chairs (for a Bride and Groom, for example). Along with flexible seating for up to 12 people (which can be used inside or outside).
- Ceremonial Design and Décor We offer seasonal potted flowers, silk floral wreaths and other ceremonial decorations (in different colour schemes) to suit your occasion.
- Coffee and Drinks Galley Featuring a fridge (with small freezer), in case you have food or drinks you want to chill.
- Catering Accessories We provide crockery, glassware and cutlery. You are welcome to bring your own food and beverages.
- Changing Room We have set up a bright spacious bathroom to also serve as a changing room for the Bride or other guests. It features a make-up table, seat and mirror along with toiletries to enable the Bride and other guests to prepare for photographs. It also has a full length mirror for those final checks and adjustments.
- Parking There is easy parking for up to 6 cars (if you need more parking we can arrange that for you).
The fee for Tigh na Ghra is €450 for the day.
Please do contact us if you would like to find out more of to make a booking; email@example.com or see our dedicated website www.tighnaghra.com